Dennis A. Apuan
Campus Director, USTP Balubal
Dennis A. Apuan is a Licensed Agriculturist with Doctor of Philosophy Degree in Biology at Mindanao State University – Iligan Institute of Technology (MSU-IIT) in Iligan City, Philippines under the Commission on Higher Education Scholarship Program. He has worked on Numerical taxonomy and image analysis of weedy rice and wild type rice in the Evolutionary Biology Laboratory during his student career. His dissertation on Geometric Morphometric Characterization of weedy rice populations received commendation as the “Best Dissertation Award” in 2011.
His current research interest is on understanding the mechanism of uptake of plant nutrients, metals and metalloids and its pathway and delivery to various plant components; including responses of plants to chemical inputs applied through the roots or the leaves. This research addresses issues relative to plants nutrition and phytoremediation.
- Claveria, R.J.; Perez, T.R.; Apuan, M.J.B.; Apuan, D.A.; Perez, R.E.C. 2019. Pteris melanocaulon Fee is an As Hyperaacumulator. Chemosphere, 236: 1-5.
- Apuan, D.; Fruto, J.; Perez, T.; Claveria, R.J.; Tan, M.; Apuan, M.J.B. and Perez, E.; 2018. Phytostabilization potential of Saccharum spontaneum in chromium contaminated soil. Journal of Biodiversity and Environmental Sciences, 13(4): 116-123.
- Apuan, D. and Osa, J.R. 2018. Water spinach (Ipomoea aquatica) as potential macrophytes to remediate acid mine drainage (AMD). International Journal of Biosciences, 13(5): 161-167.
- Apuan, D.; Apuan, M.J.B.; Perez, T.; Claveria, R.J.; Perez, E.; Doronila, A. and Tan, M. 2016.Protocol for successful sporophyte formation and development in PterismelanocaulonFée. International Journal of Advanced and Applied sciences, 3(4): 39-43.
- Apuan, D.; Apuan, M.J.B.; Perez, T.; Claveria, R.J.; Perez, E.; Doronila, A. and Tan, M. 2016. Propagation protocolofPterisvittata L. using spores for phytoremediation. International Journal of Biosciences, 8(6): 14-21.
- Apuan, D. and Apuan, M.J.B. 2016.Pattern of variation in earthworm density in multivariate landscape of Camiguin Island, Philippines. Journal of Scientific Research and Development, 3(4): 118-123.
- Apuan, D and Mercurio, M.T. 2014. Agri-systems variations determined through principal component analysis. Advances in Agriculture and Botanics – International Journal of Bioflux Society. Volume 6(1):1-10.
- Apuan, D. 2014. Measuring Magnitude of Treatment Effects in Agricultural Experiments.Advances in Agriculture and Botanics – International Journal of Bioflux Society. Volume 6(1):33-39.
- Tampos, A., Apuan, D., Jabbar, M. and Salapuddin, F. 2013.Characterizing Seawater Quality in Stressed Coastal Zone of IliganBay.Advances in Environmental Sciences – International Journal of Bioflux Society. Volume 6(1):7-16.
- Apuan, D.; Torres, M.A.J. and Demayo, C.G. 2012. Modularity and integration analysis of rice seed using MINT ver. 1.0b software. Advances in Agriculture and Botanics. Vol. 1(2): 22-25.
- Apuan, D.A.; Torres, M.A.J.; Gorospe, J.; Amparado, R. and Demayo, C.G. 2011. Intra-panicle Variation in Seed Shape of Weedy Rice.Australian Journal of Basic and Applied Sciences. 5(3):185-191.
- Apuan, D.A.; Torres, M.A.J.; Casimero, M.; Sebastian, L.S. and Demayo, C.G. 2011. Describing Phenotypic Variability in Seed Shapes of Weedy Rice Types in Comparison to Cultivated and Wild Rice Types Using Elliptic Fourier Analysis. Int. J. Agric. Biol. 13(6):857-864.
- Apuan, D. 2011. Landscape Data Transformation: Categorical Description to Numerical Descriptors. World Academy of Science, Engineering and Technology.Vol 7 (81): 143-146.
- Apuan, D.A.; Demayo, C.G; Torres, M.A.J.; Casimero, M. and Sebastian, L.S. 2010. Quantitative Evaluation of Weedy Rice Seed Shape Based on Elliptic Fourier Descriptor. 3rd International Conference on Environmental and Computer Science Proceedings.V4 391- 394.
- Apuan, D.A.; Demayo, C.G. and Torres, M.A.J. 2010. Describing variations and taxonomic status of earthworms collected from selected areas in Misamis Oriental, Philippines using principal component and parsimony analysis. Egyptian Academic Journal of Biological Science. 2(1):27-36.
- Apuan, D. 2005. Critical Period of Weed Control in Bell Pepper (Capsicum annuum). Faculty Working Series. Xavier University.