Bachelor of Agricultural Technology
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
The Bachelor Agricultural Technology program aims to educate its graduate in the scientific habit of thought and entrepreneurial skills and prepare them to become globally competitive professionals with entry-level competencies in technical agriculture. It emphasizes the processes and techniques of identifying, diagnosing and analysing problems and in designing, packaging and applying technologies needed in the development and conservation of the agriculture and food system resources on a sustainable basis under the backdrop of a changing climate.
- Perform agricultural works with competent technical skills and work safety.
- Perform responsibly conforming to professional, social and ethical standards.
- Effectively communicate in oral and in writing.
- Demonstrate skills conforming with internationally-accepted standards (FAO, OIE, etc)
- Provide manpower development for agricultural industries.
- Immerse students in industries and contact farmers.
- Share knowledge relevant to the agricultural value chain.
- Engage in agricultural production and post production activities (value chain).
- Practice entrepreneurship through microprojects.
- Update one’s self on the latest technological advancement in agriculture.
- Formulate and implement agricultural development plans and programs.
- Innovate practices that will enhance productivity and environmental sustainability.
- Possess leadership and managerial skills (can handle conflicts with maximum stress tolerance, creativity, emotional intelligence and decision-making and risk-taking abilities)