Bachelor of Technology and Livelihood Education
Major in Information and Communication Technology
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
The Bachelor of Technology and Livelihood Education (BTLED) program is designed to equip future teachers who will be teaching the Technology and Livelihood Education subjects for Grades 4 to 8 in the basic education. Specifically, the BTLEd program is expected to produce teachers who can assume the following major roles:
- effective synthesizers of organized knowledge to allow analytical and critical thinking skills;
- efficient and effective promoters and facilitators of learning to enable the learners to develop to the fullest their potential for a continuing pursuit of lifelong learning in technology and livelihood education;
- committed humanists whose clear understanding and appreciation of human ideals and values inspire learners to realize their potential;
- model teachers with competence to teach the TLE exploratory courses from Grades 4-8.
- with high regard for learning imbued with proper work attitude and values as practiced in industry; and
- nationally-certified trainers in their fields of specialization.
- Demonstrate broad and coherent knowledge and skills in teaching Home Economics, Industrial Arts, Information Communication Technology and Agri-Fishery Arts respectively
- Work and function effectively as an individual and as a member or a leader in a diverse team recognizing the different roles within a team.
- Apply the principles of professional teaching by integrating core content and interdisciplinary themes through engaging the students in activities that promote Creativity, Critical Thinking, Communication, and Collaboration in preparation for the 21st-Century research-based skills.
- Apply competencies in the utilization and integration of ICT in teaching-learning practices to promote excellence, relevant and sustainable educational practices.
- Demonstrate higher level Global Awareness, Financial, Economic,Business, Entrepreneurial Literacy, Civic Literacy, Health Literacy, and Environmental Literacy.
- Engage in the generation of new knowledge and advancement of existing knowledge through research and development projects in the fields of Home Economics, Industrial Arts, Information Communication Technology and Agri-Fishery aligned to regional and national development agenda or goals.
- Apply a wide range of teaching process skills including curriculum development, lesson planning, instructional material development, educational assessment and teaching approaches.
- Apply with minimal supervision the acquired professional knowledge and skills in teaching in the fields of Home Economics, Industrial Arts, Information Communication Technology and Agri-Fishery Arts.
- Show a deep and principled understanding of how educational processes relate to larger historical, social, cultural, and political processes.
- Grades 4-8 teacher
- Skilled Trainer