ABOUT THE PROGRAM
Agroforestry Education is the process of preparing human resource imbued with competencies in the science and practice of producing and maximizing the positive ecological and economic interactions between the woody perennials and agricultural crops and/ or animals grown in the same unit of land (Task Force on Agroforestry Education, 2003). The agroforestry curriculum offered by the college since 2011 (BOT Resolution No. 19, s. 2011) is a four-year agroforestry curriculum. The offering of this course is anchored on the belief that a human resource equipped with scientific and technical knowledge and skills in agroforestry can be an instrument in harmonizing and/ or unifying the interaction and synergy between the people and environment to uplift the economic status of the people and sustain the environment.
Program Educational Objectives
After three to five (3-5) years, graduates of BSAF are:
- Proficient in the agroforestry field and be able to engage constantly in technological and professional advancement by pursuing a higher academic level and/or practicing quality improvement in their career or entrepreneur endeavor.
- Highly competent in generating new ideas and innovations in Agroforestry with more emphasis on technopreneurship, management, agroforestry solutions and the likes through research collaborations.
- Leading practicing professionals in the field of agroforestry who can contribute significantly to human development, socio-economic transformation, and national developments.
- Demonstrate the ability to convey ideas and information effectively within the agroforestry profession and the customers when addressing complex or technical agroforestry issues and activities.
- Function effectively as a member or leader of a research and development team recognizing the different roles within the team to accomplish the common goal.
- Assist in the creation of an effective agroforestry- related plan.
- Display the capability to set specific goals and direct actions towards achieving them.
- Interpret appraisal tests accurately.
- Communicate effectively in both oral and in written form by being able to deliver and comprehend instructions clearly.
- Apply research methods and innovative solutions to address agroforestry problems.
- Equip with skills in research/extension proposal and paper presentation through national and international funding agencies/conferences/symposium.
- Select, adapt and apply appropriate techniques, resources, skills and modern computing tools to agroforestry-related programs, projects and activities.
- Demonstrate capability in problem solving, judgement and quick decision in a mental/ abstract scenario on agroforestry related business and technical issues.
- Engage in research in the field of agroforestry/forestry/agriculture.
- Generate an innovative agroforestry systems and technologies.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding on project management principles and technopreneurial skills on agroforestry and related fields.
- Act in recognition of professional, ethical, legal, security and social responsibilities in the utilization of agroforestry technologies.
- Preserve and promote “Filipino Historical and Cultural Heritage”.
- Department of Environment and Natural Resources – Community Environment and Natural Resources Offices as Project Development Officer, Extension Development Officer, and others.
- Department of Agriculture/ Municipal Agriculture Office as technician.
- Academe as Instructor/ Professor
- Researcher in a Research Institutions
- Extension Officer in Non-Government Organization
Recent programs of CHED enable students to avail of the FREE Tuition fees starting school year 2017-2018. However, miscellaneous, board and lodging are not included.