ABOUT THE PROGRAM
The Doctor of Philosophy in Crop Science and Animal Science programs are three-year PhD Degree Programs in accordance with the USTP’s vision and mission and mandate to offer additional curricular programs of advance studies which are relevant, purposive, suitable and significant to cope with the changing demands for continuous education particularly upgrading the knowledge, expertise and skills in the field of agriculture. Students enrolled in a Ph.D. program are generally expected to complete a dissertation in a particular area of agriculture. This dissertation is researched and written under the direction of a faculty adviser and submitted to an academic committee for publication.
Program Educational Objectives
After three to five (3-5) years, graduates of PhD in Animal and Crop Science Program are:
- Expert and competent in the conduct of advanced scientific researches and innovations through interdisciplinary and collaboration to become nationally and internationally competitive professionals towards the solutions to pressing agriculture industry problems.
- Equip with ability and capacity in entrepreneurial management skills and have deeper appreciation to agriculture industry as a business and a way of life.
- Nationally and internationally competitive leaders who can articulate an organizational vision of the future, mobilize resources needed, and put an engine on the whole change process while upholding high professional and ethical standards.
- Apply advance knowledge and skills to solve complex problems of food sustainability using relevant and timely researches and innovations.
- Demonstrate capability to work competently in diverse, multi-disciplinary and multi-culture environment.
- Demonstrate effective and efficient management of financial resources in organizational systems as role model manager in the practice of his profession.
- Demonstrate leadership capability and professionalism to work competently in diverse, multi-disciplinary and multi-culture environment.
- Demonstrate professional virtues and principles imbued with strong sense of spirituality, ethical standards, integrity and commitment towards attaining total human development.
- Engage constantly in technological and professional advancement in the field of specialization through continuing professional development (CPD)
- Farm Manager
- Agriculture Business Manager
- Livestock Technician
- Animal/Crop Raiser